Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Zywiec's Pale Lager


So to cut to the chase about this brew-ha-ha, WW2 happened and now it's Poland's and like all breweries in Europe, eventually bought out by Heineken. Now for the good stuff. In this corner, tipping the scales at 5.6% ABV, Zyweic Pale Lager (also available in light for your mom). The natural attraction to this baby is clearly the jovial folks prancing like doped-up indians on the label. I sorta felt it'd be the sorta thing that would make me dance, or what I would drink after dancing. Needless to say, I didn't dance but did cook up two hot Italian sausages that complimented the beer finely. This is "apparently" Poland's number 1 beer but if that's any indication like Bud is the number 1 beer in the U.S.A. I'm not buying into it. It's not too bad though, I got 500mL for 3 bucks at the party store any I think I could knock down about three until swithcing over to something a little fuller bodied. In comparison to other lagers, it is very crisp and refreshing. I does leave a little taste in your mouth but I mean, ya know, what are you gonna do? Pretty good by lager standards though.

Drinkability: 6/10
Taste : 5/10
Value: 6/10

Overall: 5.7/10

1 comment:

  1. my polish friend informed me of a logo on the back of the label that appears when the beer is cold enough to drink. this makes zyweics the coors light of Poland!!!OH NO HE DIDN'T!!! YES! i went there. nah, this stuff is actually drinkable. BURN COORS!

    ReplyDelete